Re: Planning a Large RDBMS

From: Alessandro Gagliardi <alessandro(at)path(dot)com>
To: "ktm(at)rice(dot)edu" <ktm(at)rice(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Planning a Large RDBMS
Date: 2012-06-15 19:55:49
Lists: pgsql-novice

I couldn't find anything on pgpool regarding sharding, but I did stumble
upon this presentation<http://www.pgcon.org/2012/schedule/attachments/232_fotolog.pdf>
that
mentioned pl/proxy. PL/Proxy looks good for sharding, though it looks like
it could really limit the ability to do ad hoc queries. But I suppose that
would work for OLTP and then we could just maintain a separate OLAP
database that may have to read from disk but would have the advantage of
existing on a single machine....

-Alessandro