Re: A different approach: Where to learn?

From: Alessandro Gagliardi <alessandro(at)path(dot)com>
To: fpiraneo(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A different approach: Where to learn?
Date: 2012-07-24 22:49:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm far from a PostgreSQL expert myself, but the way I taught myself was by
using their GUI, pgAdmin III, and just poking around. Postgres has a lot
more features than MySQL including a much richer set of datatypes (though
be careful with this: I got a little bit too excited when I discovered
arrays and made my schema less relational than it should have been). It
supports table inheritance which I found convenient. But at it's core, it's
a relational database and the kind of relational schema you are used to
from MySQL should work the same here.

-Alessandro