Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Mark Dilger <mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>, Mahendra Singh Thalor <mahi6run(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: making the backend's json parser work in frontend code
Date: 2020-01-30 06:10:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 30, 2020 at 7:36 AM Mark Dilger
<mark(dot)dilger(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> > On Jan 29, 2020, at 1:02 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 4:32 PM Andrew Dunstan
> > <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> >> I think using TESTDIR is Ok,
> >

> > I've changed my mind, I don't think that will work for MSVC, the
> > executable gets built elsewhere for that. I'll try to come up with
> > something portable.
>
> I’m just now working on getting my Windows VMs set up with Visual Studio and whatnot, per the wiki instructions, so I don’t need to burden you with this sort of Windows task in the future. If there are any gotchas not mentioned on the wiki, I’d appreciate pointers about how to avoid them. I’ll try to help devise a solution, or test what you come up with, once I’m properly set up for that.
>
> For no particular reason, I chose Windows Server 2019 and Windows 10 Pro.

One VM should be sufficient. Either W10Pro os WS2019 would be fine. I
have buildfarm animals running on both.

Here's what I got working after a lot of trial and error. (This will
require a tiny change in the buildfarm script to make the animals test
it). Note that there is one test that I couldn't get working, so I
skipped it. If you can find out why it fails so much the better ... it
seems to be related to how the command processor handles quotes.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan https://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v8-0002-Adding-frontend-tests-for-json-parser.patch text/x-patch 10.7 KB