Insert UUID GEN 4 Value

From: tango ward <tangoward15(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Insert UUID GEN 4 Value
Date: 2018-05-31 03:24:06
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I would like to know how to properly use uuid_generate_v4 when inserting
data into PostgreSQL table.

When I run the command select * from pg_available_extensions;
I can see this uuid-ossp | 1.0 | |
generate universally unique identifiers (UUIDs)

I am trying to find a basic and easy to understand documentation of it on
how to use when inserting data because I have a column that is a uuid type.

Thanks,