Re: Insert UUID GEN 4 Value

From: tango ward <tangoward15(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Insert UUID GEN 4 Value
Date: 2018-05-31 03:47:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

thanks.

I found this:

CREATE EXTENSION IF NOT EXISTS "uuid-ossp";
SELECT uuid_generate_v4();

My problem is I have a table like this:
CREATE TABLE enrollmentinfo (
id integer NOT NULL,
created timestamp with time zone NOT NULL,
modified timestamp with time zone NOT NULL,
secure_id uuid NOT NULL,
relationship character varying(50) NOT NULL,
tuition_bill character varying(255) NOT NULL
);

Now I need to insert data into this table, I just don't know if I can use
something like this "INSERT INTO enrollmentinfo (current_timestamp,
current_timestamp, uuid_generate_v4(), '', ''); I haven't tried this but
also not sure if I can call the function inside INSERT.