Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed90(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <shiy(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Column Filtering in Logical Replication
Date: 2022-03-25 03:10:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 5:44 AM Tomas Vondra
<tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Attached is a patch, rebased on top of the sequence decoding stuff I
> pushed earlier today, also including the comments rewording, and
> renaming the "transform" function.
>
> I'll go over it again and get it pushed soon, unless someone objects.

You haven't addressed the comments given by me earlier this week. See
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LY_JGL7LvdT64ujEiEAVaADuhdej1QNnwxvO_-KPzeEg%40mail.gmail.com.

*
+ * XXX The name is a bit misleading, because we don't really transform
+ * anything here - we merely check the column list is compatible with the
+ * definition of the publication (with publish_via_partition_root=false)
+ * we only allow column lists on the leaf relations. So maybe rename it?
+ */
+static void
+CheckPubRelationColumnList(List *tables, const char *queryString,
+ bool pubviaroot)

After changing this function name, the comment above is not required.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.