Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Track statistics for streaming of in-progress transactions
Date: 2020-10-23 04:54:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 2:09 PM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 22, 2020 at 11:52 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 9:09 AM Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Commit 464824323e has added the support of the streaming of
> > > in-progress transactions into the built-in logical replication. The
> > > attached patch adds the statistics about transactions streamed to the
> > > decoding output plugin from ReorderBuffer.
> >
> > I have reviewed the attached patch, I have one comment
> >
> > + int64 streamTxns; /* number of transactions streamed to the decoding
> > output plugin */
> > + int64 streamCount; /* streaming invocation counter */
> > + int64 streamBytes; /* amount of data streamed to subscriber */
> >
> > I think instead of saying "amount of data streamed to subscriber" it
> > should be " amount of data streamed to the decoding output plugin"
> >

> Thanks, I think a similar change is required in docs as well.

I have fixed the above comment and rebased the patch. I have changed
the docs a bit to add more explanation about the counters. Let me know
if you have any more comments. Thanks Dilip and Sawada-San for
reviewing this patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v3-0001-Track-statistics-for-streaming-of-changes-from-Re.patch application/octet-stream 14.2 KB