Re: why can't a table be part of the same publication as its schema

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: why can't a table be part of the same publication as its schema
Date: 2022-09-17 03:21:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 1:09 PM houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com
<houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com> wrote:

> Attach the new version patch which addressed above comments and ran pgident.
> I also improved some codes and documents based on some comments
> given by Vignesh and Peter offlist.

Thanks, the patch looks mostly good to me. I have made a few cosmetic
changes and edited a few comments. I would like to push this to HEAD
and backpatch it to 15 by Tuesday unless there are any comments. I
think we should back patch this because otherwise, users will see a
change in behavior in 16 but if others don't think the same way then
we can consider pushing this to HEAD only.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v5-0001-Allow-publications-with-schema-and-table-of-the-s.patch application/octet-stream 34.2 KB