Re: Any objections to implementing LogicalDecodeMessageCB for pgoutput?

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com>
Cc: David Pirotte <dpirotte(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Dave Cramer <davecramer(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Any objections to implementing LogicalDecodeMessageCB for pgoutput?
Date: 2021-04-05 07:06:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 3, 2021 at 5:26 AM Euler Taveira <euler(at)eulerto(dot)com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 1, 2021, at 7:19 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> This new patch set version has 2 patches that is because there are 2 separate
> changes: parse_output_parameters() refactor and logical decoding message
> support.

I have made few minor changes in the attached. (a) Initialize the
streaming message callback API, (b) update docs to reflect that XID
can be sent for streaming of in-progress transactions, I see that the
same information needs to be updated for a few other protocol message
but we can do that as a separate patch (c) slightly tweaked the commit
messages

Let me know what you think? I am planning to push this tomorrow unless
you or someone else has any comments.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Refactor-function-parse_output_parameters.patch application/octet-stream 4.5 KB
v4-0002-Allow-pgoutput-to-send-logical-decoding-messages.patch application/octet-stream 14.4 KB