Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date: 2014-02-04 08:35:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> In the function where it is used, it seems to me that it is setting DateStyle
>> as ISO if it is not ISO and function configure_remote_session() will set it
>> to ISO initially. So basically even if the value of DateStyle is junk, it will
>> just do what we wanted i.e setting it to ISO. Does the failure is due to reason
>> that it is not expecting DateStyle to be ISO and due to junk value of this
>> parameter it sets the same to ISO.
>
> Meh. It might be that the DateStyle usage in postgres_fdw would
> accidentally fail to malfunction if it saw a bogus value of the variable.
> But it's hard to believe that this would be true of MainLWLockArray.

Thats true, but for me its failing as MainLWLockArray contains Junk value.
Now the point to look out is why its passing on some of the build farm m/c's.
I will study about this more, if you have anything specific in mind
then, do let me know.

Can I get the details of m/c env on which it is passing like which
windows version and msvc version?
It might give some clue.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.