Allow streaming the changes after speculative aborts.

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Allow streaming the changes after speculative aborts.
Date: 2021-06-25 06:54:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Till now, we didn't allow to stream the changes in logical replication
till we receive speculative confirm or the next DML change record
after speculative inserts. The reason was that we never use to process
speculative aborts but after commit 4daa140a2f it is possible to
process them so we can allow streaming once we receive speculative
abort after speculative insertion. See attached.

I think this is a minor improvement in the logical replication of
in-progress transactions. I have verified this for speculative aborts
and it allows streaming once we receive the spec_abort change record.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v1-0001-Allow-streaming-the-changes-after-speculative-abo.patch application/octet-stream 2.0 KB