Re: OOM in libpq and infinite loop with getCopyStart()

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Subject: Re: OOM in libpq and infinite loop with getCopyStart()
Date: 2016-03-30 04:55:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 8:31 PM, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net> wrote:

> Hi Amit,

> Hope this brings some light in.
>>

> Do you know when you'll have time to respond to Michael's last email? I've
> marked this patch "waiting on author" in the meantime.

I think this patch needs to be looked upon by committer now. I have done
review and added some code in this patch as well long back, just see the
e-mail [1], patch is just same as it was in October 2015. I think myself
and Michael are in agreement that this patch solves the reported problem.
There is one similar problem [2] reported by Heikki which I think can be
fixed separately.

I think the main reason of moving this thread to hackers from bugs is to
gain some more traction which I see that it achieves its purpose to some
extent, but I find that more or less we are at same situation as we were
back in October.

Let me know if you think anything more from myside can help in moving patch.

[1] -
http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAB7nPqTNrw8LR1HD7ZLnOJjC1BP1Evw_EMAdGOrV+s-sBCrKtw@mail.gmail.com
[2] - http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/566EF84F.1030206@iki.fi

With Regards,