Re: Parallel Index Scans

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Rahila Syed <rahilasyed(dot)90(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Parallel Index Scans
Date: 2017-01-20 10:08:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jan 20, 2017 at 12:59 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:26 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Fixed.
>

> If all of that were no issue, the considerations in
> TargetListSupportsBackwardScan could be a problem, too. But I think
> there shouldn't be any issue having Gather just continue to return
> false.

You are right. I have added that code under the assumption that if
the underlying node (in this case index scan) can support backward
scan, gather can also support. I forgot/missed that
ExecSupportsBackwardScan is to support cursors operations. Will fix
in next version of patch.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.