Re: logical replication seems broken

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: logical replication seems broken
Date: 2021-02-15 11:31:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Feb 15, 2021 at 11:53 AM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 5:58 PM Erik Rijkers <er(at)xs4all(dot)nl> wrote:
> >

> > I compiled just now a binary from HEAD, and a binary from HEAD+patch
> >
> > HEAD is still broken; your patch rescues it, so yes, fixed.
> >
> > Maybe a test (check or check-world) should be added to run a second replica? (Assuming that would have caught this bug)
> >

> +1 for the idea of having a test for this. I have written a test for this.
> Thanks for the fix Amit, I could reproduce the issue without your fix
> and verified that the issue gets fixed with the patch you shared.
> Attached a patch for the same. Thoughts?

I have slightly modified the comments in the test case to make things
clear. I am planning not to backpatch this because there is no way in
the core code to hit this prior to commit ce0fdbfe97 and we haven't
received any complaints so far. What do you think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
fix_origin_message_2.patch application/octet-stream 5.6 KB