Re: How is this possible "publication does not exist"

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: operations i <ioperations(dot)c(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How is this possible "publication does not exist"
Date: 2022-05-25 04:09:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 9:32 AM operations i <ioperations(dot)c(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> During a detailed test , I've found the order of replication slot creation
> and publication creation is not the key point , but after replication slot
> creation , there should not be any insertion to the table,so I wonder why
> the change ( my case insert) will lead to
> src/backend/catalog/pg_publication:1040 GetSysCacheOid1() cache miss.

It is due to the reason that both slot creation and 'insert' are before
"CREATE PUBLICATION". Without inserts, it won't try to decode anything
before the publication is created. Can you test it with the patch provided
in the email [1] and if possible join that thread for discussion on this
topic.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1LwQAEPJMTwVe3UYODeNMkK2QHf-WZF5aXp5ZcjDRcrUA%40mail.gmail.com

--