Re: add_partial_path() may remove dominated path but still in use

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)heterodb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: add_partial_path() may remove dominated path but still in use
Date: 2019-02-09 13:07:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019 at 10:35 AM Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)heterodb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hello,
> Let me remind the thread again.
> I'm waiting for the fix getting committed for a month...

It seems you would also like to see this back-patched. I am not sure
if that is a good idea as there is some risk of breaking existing
usage. Tom, do you have any opinion on this patch? It seems to me
you were thinking to have a separate hook for partial paths, but the
patch has solved the problem by moving the hook location. I think
whatever is the case we should try to reach some consensus and move
forward with this patch as KaiGai-San is waiting from quite some time.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.