Re: repeated decoding of prepared transactions

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: repeated decoding of prepared transactions
Date: 2021-03-02 04:03:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Mar 2, 2021 at 8:20 AM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have a minor comment regarding the below:
> + <row>
> + <entry role="catalog_table_entry"><para role="column_definition">
> + <structfield>two_phase</structfield> <type>bool</type>
> + </para>
> + <para>
> + True if two-phase commits are enabled on this slot.
> + </para></entry>
> + </row>
>
> Can we change something like:
> True if the slot is enabled for decoding prepared transaction
> information. Refer link for more information.(link should point where
> more detailed information is available for two-phase in
> pg_create_logical_replication_slot).
>
> Also there is one small indentation in that line, I think there should
> be one space before "True if....".

Okay, fixed these but I added a slightly different description. I have
also added the parameter description for
pg_create_logical_replication_slot in docs and changed the comments at
various places in the code. Apart from that ran pgindent. The patch
looks good to me now. Let me know what do you think?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v9-0001-Add-option-to-enable-two_phase-commits-via-pg_cre.patch application/octet-stream 45.2 KB