Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>, Asif Rehman <asifr(dot)rehman(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgbench - allow to create partitioned tables
Date: 2019-09-28 05:19:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Sep 27, 2019 at 7:05 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> On 2019-Sep-27, Amit Kapila wrote:
>
> > The other thing is that the query used in patch to fetch partition
> > information seems correct to me, but maybe there is a better way to
> > get that information.
>
> I hadn't looked at that, but yeah it seems that it should be using
> pg_partition_tree().

I think we might also need to use pg_get_partkeydef along with
pg_partition_tree to fetch the partition method information. However,
I think to find reloid of pgbench_accounts in the current search path,
we might need to use some part of query constructed by Fabien.

Fabien, what do you think about Alvaro's suggestion?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.