Re: Diagnostic comment in LogicalIncreaseXminForSlot

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Diagnostic comment in LogicalIncreaseXminForSlot
Date: 2021-09-06 09:54:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 17, 2021 at 11:58 AM Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh(dot)bapat(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Amit and Andres,
> Here's updated patch

I think we can log the required information immediately after
releasing spinlock, otherwise, the other logs from
LogicalConfirmReceivedLocation() might interleave. I have made that
change and slightly edit the comment and commit message. I am planning
to push this tomorrow unless you or others have any comments.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Log-new-catalog-xmin-candidate-in-LogicalIncreaseXmi.patch application/octet-stream 1.8 KB