Re: Logical replication stops dropping used initial-sync replication slots

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hubert Lubaczewski <depesz(at)depesz(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Logical replication stops dropping used initial-sync replication slots
Date: 2022-03-29 12:07:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 5:31 PM hubert depesz lubaczewski
<depesz(at)depesz(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 04:57:42PM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
> > What was your setting for max_logical_replication_workers? It should
>
> 4 on source, and 50 on replica. That could be related. Should I increase this on source?

No that won't matter. The number on the replica only matters which
seems to be okay in your case.

> > be more than max_sync_workers_per_subscription as that is taken from
> > the pool of max_logical_replication_workers. One possible reason for
>
> The thing is that, in next tests, it seemed to *usually* work. And break
> just sometimes.

It is possible that some random error is occurring during the initial
copy, difficult to say without seeing the actual error.

> > It is good if you are able to proceed but we might get some clue about
> > the problem you are seeing if you can show subscriber-side logs.
>
> Will keep that in mind. The boxes I was testing it are gone, but if the
> problem will resurface, I'll make the logs available.

Thanks, that might help investigate the problem you are facing.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.