Re: Add common function ReplicationOriginName.

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Smith <smithpb2250(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add common function ReplicationOriginName.
Date: 2022-09-20 06:50:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022 at 2:27 PM Aleksander Alekseev
<aleksander(at)timescale(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > PSA a patch to add a common function ReplicationOriginName
>
> The patch looks good to me.
>
> One nitpick I have is that the 2nd argument of snprintf is size_t
> while we are passing int's. Your patch is consistent with the current
> implementation of ReplicationOriginNameForTablesync() and similar
> functions in tablesync.c.

I think it is better to use Size. Even though, it may not fail now as
the size of names for origin will always be much lesser but it is
better if we are consistent. If we agree with this, then as a first
patch, we can make it to use Size in existing places and then
introduce this new function.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.