Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)
Date: 2020-06-26 03:49:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, Jun 26, 2020 at 7:25 AM Justin Pryzby <pryzby(at)telsasoft(dot)com> wrote:

> > I have done some testing with both the patches and would like to do
> > more unless there are objections with these.
>
> Comments:
>
> > * The index name is saved only during this phase and restored immediately
>
> => I wouldn't say "only" since it's saved during lazy_vacuum: index AND cleanup.
>
> >update_vacuum_error_info(LVRelStats *errinfo, LVSavedErrInfo *oldpos, int phase,
>
> => You called your struct "LVSavedErrInfo" but the variables are still called
> "pos". I would call it olderrinfo or just old.

Fixed both of the above comments. I used the variable name as saved_err_info.

> Also, this doesn't (re)rename the "cbarg" stuff that Alvaro didn't like, which
> was my 0001 patch.

If I am not missing anything then that change was in
lazy_cleanup_index and after this patch, it won't be required because
we are using a different variable name.

I have combined both the patches now.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Improve-vacuum-error-context-handling.v1.patch application/octet-stream 9.2 KB