Re: Added missing invalidations for all tables publication

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com>, houzj(dot)fnst(at)fujitsu(dot)com, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Added missing invalidations for all tables publication
Date: 2021-09-06 05:56:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 8:54 PM vignesh C <vignesh21(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 2:00 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota(dot)ntt(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >

> Thanks for the comments, the attached v3 patch has the changes for the same.

I think this bug should be fixed in back branches (till v10). OTOH, as
this is not reported by any user and we have found it during code
review so it seems either users don't have an exact use case or they
haven't noticed this yet. What do you people think about
back-patching?

Attached, please find a slightly updated patch with minor changes. I
have slightly changed the test to make it more meaningful. If we
decide to back-patch this, can you please test this on back-branches?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Invalidate-relcache-for-publications-defined-for-.patch application/octet-stream 5.9 KB