Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: logical_work_mem and logical streaming of large in-progress transactions
Date: 2019-10-24 13:37:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 10:30 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I have merged bugs_and_review_comments_fix.patch changes to 0001 and 0002.

I was wondering whether we have checked the code coverage after this
patch? Previously, the existing tests seem to be covering most parts
of the function ReorderBufferSerializeTXN [1]. After this patch, the
timing to call ReorderBufferSerializeTXN will change, so that might
impact the testing of the same. If it is already covered, then I
would like to either add a new test or extend existing test with the
help of new spill counters. If it is not getting covered, then we
need to think of extending the existing test or write a new test to
cover the function ReorderBufferSerializeTXN.

[1] - https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/replication/logical/reorderbuffer.c.gcov.html

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.