Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dmitry Vasilyev <d(dot)vasilyev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”
Date: 2016-05-26 10:01:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 9:44 PM, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:11 AM, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
wrote:

> > Okay, attached patch just does that and I have verified that it allows
> > start multiple services in windows. In off list discussion with
Robert, he
> > suggested not to complicate the patch by retrying for fixed number of
times
> > as there is no proof that ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED can occur due to any other
> > reason in this code path. This patch is based on Kyotaro san's patch
posted
> > upthread with just minor changes in comments and indentation.
>
> Thanks for catching Robert and getting confirmation on the matter. In
> the same line of thoughts, I think as well that it is definitely not
> worth complicating the retry logic in dsm.c, but you knew that already
> per last week's discussion.
>
> Regarding the patch, this looks good to me.

Thanks for reviewing the patch. I have added the entry for this patch in
next CF (https://commitfest.postgresql.org/10/636/), feel free to mark it
as Ready for committer if you think patch is good.

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.