Re: Few comments on commit 857f9c36 (skip full index scans )

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Sawada Masahiko <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Few comments on commit 857f9c36 (skip full index scans )
Date: 2018-05-30 16:12:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 9:09 PM, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> wrote:
>> The metapage upgrade should be performed under critical section.
>

> Agree. But after close look I found that btm_version change isn't wal-logged
> (near line 2251 in _bt_newroot). So btm_version is not propagated to
> replica/backup/etc.

I think it will always be set to BTREE_VERSION (See _bt_restore_meta).
I see that other places like _bt_insertonpg,
_bt_update_meta_cleanup_info, etc. that log meta page contents don't
log version number, so if we want to log it, all such places also need
to be modified, but I don't see the need for same.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.