Re: Parallel Seq Scan

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Date: 2015-11-06 03:49:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:54 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> I was thinking about this idea:
>
> 1. Add a parallel_aware flag to each plan.

Okay, so shall we add it in generic Plan node or to specific plan nodes
like SeqScan, IndexScan, etc. To me, it appears that parallelism is
a node specific property, so we should add it to specific nodes and
for now as we are parallelising seq scan, so we can add this flag in
SeqScan node. What do you say?

With Regards,
Amit Kapila.