Re: Track replica origin progress for Rollback Prepared

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Nikhil Sontakke <nikhils(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Track replica origin progress for Rollback Prepared
Date: 2021-03-03 03:36:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 2:03 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 2021 at 6:28 PM Ajin Cherian <itsajin(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > I added the below log:
> Small correction, I sent the wrong code change for logging, this was
> the correct one:

Okay, thanks. I have rebased the patch and updated comments as
suggested by Michael. Additionally, I ran pgindent as well.

Michael, I want to push this patch soon unless you have any concerns.
This is required for correctness if any plugin uses 2PC and origins to
track the progress. Now, that we have exposed the two_phase option via
a plugin, it is good if we get this in as well.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v2-0001-Track-replication-origin-progress-for-rollbacks.patch application/octet-stream 4.2 KB