Re: "pgoutput" options missing on documentation

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "pgoutput" options missing on documentation
Date: 2023-12-14 03:34:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Dec 13, 2023 at 9:25 PM Emre Hasegeli <emre(at)hasegeli(dot)com> wrote:

> I noticed that Logical Streaming Replication Protocol documentation
> [1] is missing the options added to "pgoutput" since version 14. A
> patch is attached to fix it together with another small one to give a
> nice error when "proto_version" parameter is not provided.

I agree that we missed updating the parameters of the Logical
Streaming Replication Protocol documentation. I haven't reviewed all
the details yet but one minor thing that caught my attention while
looking at your patch is that we can update the exact additional
information we started to send for streaming mode parallel. We should
update the following sentence: "It accepts an additional value
"parallel" to enable sending extra information with the "Stream Abort"
messages to be used for parallelisation."

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.