Re: Key management with tests

From: Neil Chen <carpenter(dot)nail(dot)cz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Masahiko Sawada <sawada(dot)mshk(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Kincaid <tomjohnkincaid(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Masahiko Sawada <masahiko(dot)sawada(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Key management with tests
Date: 2021-04-06 08:56:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Bruce,

I went through these patches and executed the test script you added for the
KMS section, which looks all good.

This is a point that looks like a bug - in patch 10, you changed the
location and use of *RelFileNodeSkippingWAL()*, but the modified code logic
seems different from the original when encryption is not enabled. After
applying this patch, it still will execute the set LSN code flow when
RelFileNodeSkippingWAL returns true, and encryption not enabled.

--
There is no royal road to learning.
HighGo Software Co.