Re: Regd. the Implementation of Wallet (in Oracle) config equivalent in postgreSQL whilst the database migration

From: Sandeep Saxena <sandeep(dot)lko(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alicja Kucharczyk <zaledwie10minut(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Chetan Kosanam <chetan(dot)kosanam(at)tcs(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Harinarayana Kadiyala <harinarayana(dot)kadiyala(at)tcs(dot)com>, MUKESH KUMAR <mukesh(dot)kumar14(at)tcs(dot)com>, MOHINI JOSHI <mohini(dot)ujoshi(at)tcs(dot)com>, Md Rakibuddin <md(dot)rakibuddin(at)tcs(dot)com>, SAI CHANDANA CHAMALA <sc(dot)chamala(at)tcs(dot)com>, Sandu Sai Prasad <saiprasad(dot)sandu(at)tcs(dot)com>, UPPALA NIKHITA <venkata(dot)uppala(at)tcs(dot)com>, Sai Pratyusha Gantimahapatruni <sai(dot)gantimahapatruni(at)tcs(dot)com>, Mohammed Imran <imran(dot)mohammed(at)tcs(dot)com>, Kotha Parvathi <kotha(dot)parvathi(at)tcs(dot)com>, Uma Puttappa <uma(dot)puttappa(at)tcs(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Regd. the Implementation of Wallet (in Oracle) config equivalent in postgreSQL whilst the database migration
Date: 2022-12-21 19:21:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I could find old post on postgres community ,

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20180625142233.GD20745%40momjian.us

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 07:07:00AM +0000, ROS Didier wrote:
> Hi
>
> Regarding the encryption of data by pgcrypto, I would like to
> know the recommendations for the management of the key.
>
> Is it possible to store it off the PostgreSQL server?
>
> Is there the equivalent of Oracle "wallet" ?

Late reply, but the last presentation on this page shows how to use
cryptographic hardware with Postgres:

https://momjian.us/main/presentations/security.html

You could modify that to use a key management system (KMS).

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com