Re: Alternative to MS Access Last() function

From: "Scott Ford" <Scott(dot)Ford(at)bullfrogpower(dot)com>
To: "Michael Fuhr" <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Alternative to MS Access Last() function
Date: 2006-03-01 18:31:28
Lists: pgsql-novice

Actually, I think I just figured it out. I'm not sure that I totally
understand it - I've been passed the problem of converting it from
someone else. But according to the documentation:

-------------
The LAST function returns the value of the last record in the specified
field.

Syntax:
SELECT LAST(column) AS [expression]
FROM table

Example:
SELECT LAST(Age) AS highest_age
FROM Persons
ORDER BY Age

So I think that I should just be able to use MAX(). Right?