Re: .dmp files in postgresql

From: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
To: Alpha Beta <dzjitaru(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: .dmp files in postgresql
Date: 2011-11-25 20:39:20
Lists: pgsql-general

On 25 November 2011 20:31, Alpha Beta <dzjitaru(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> While you say, I opened the file with bloc note and I noticed that it's not
> a binary file but plain with SQL commands and so on.
> I tried what you said also but didn't work.
> Any suggestion? or maybe the commands I'm using doesn't find the path for
> the 2 files?

If it couldn't find the file, you'd receive an error message.

How do you know nothing happened? Did you check the database you
loaded the file into for the objects it's supposed to create? From
looking at the files, what do they create/insert etc?

So when you loaded the example1.dmp file into the example1 database,
did you then connect to that database and look for restored items?

Regards

Thom