PostgrSQL DBA needed in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA area

From: "Harley McDaniel" <hmcdaniel(at)homeprofile(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PostgrSQL DBA needed in Salt Lake City, Utah, USA area
Date: 2007-02-26 16:41:21
Lists: pgsql-jobs

PostgrSQL Database Administrator ( DBA ) Job Description

Primary Role:
AxisPointe, Inc. is an internet-based service provider for residential real-estate developers and homeowners.  Our internet applications warehouse large amounts of data associated with residential construction projects across the United States.  Our company is continually building and developing software for meeting the needs of our clients and furthering our product base.  We are looking for a professional, skilled, and seasoned database administrator to oversee and manage all data related functions surrounding our software applications and internal data resources.  Currently our company operates on PostgreSQL.

Job Description:
This individual would be primarily responsible for:
* Database Planning
* Database Architecting / Modeling
* Data Security
* Data Integrity
This individual's day-to-day functions would include, but are not limited to:  planning database changes, implementing database changes, analysis of performance/integrity/security/etc., migrating data, data quality assurance, etc.  This individual would be involved in all projects where database changes were necessary and would be the point of contact within the company when data related issues were being discussed.  In addition, this position would be a member of our software development team and would likely help in programming projects.

Skill Set
We are looking for a candidate with a broad range of skills and capabilities.  The candidate must have 5 years of professional experience as a DBA or closely related position.  Experience with data processing, warehousing, and mining is required.  The candidate must have a sound understanding of the database development lifecycle and processes of database implementation and ongoing maintenance.  Strong design and data modeling skills are required.  A working knowledge of the SQL language is necessary.

Because this position is closely integrated with our software development, we are looking for a candidate with an understanding of programming language concepts.  Currently we are using PHP and JAVA as our primary programming languages.  An understanding or experience with software programming is desirable.

Lastly the candidate must be able to work well in a team environment, be self-motivated, be personable, and have good communication skills.

Immediate Needs
Our company is currently building the next major version of our software and the new DBA would be responsible for helping architect and design the backend PostgreSQL 8 database systems for long-term growth, international
support, optimized performance, and etc. of our new web-based software application.

For more information contact:

Mary Bailey
MH and Associates
"Creating Great Organizations"