Re: The flinfo->fn_extra question, from me this time.

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dent John <denty(at)qqdd(dot)eu>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
Subject: Re: The flinfo->fn_extra question, from me this time.
Date: 2020-01-28 09:56:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 9:59 PM Dent John <denty(at)qqdd(dot)eu> wrote:
> I’ll look at it. Probably won’t be able to until after the commitfest closes though.

(We've seen that hidden attachment problem from Apple Mail before,
discussion of the MIME details in the archives somewhere. I have no
idea what GUI interaction causes that, but most Apple Mail attachments
seem to be fine.)

Here's a quick rebase in case it helps. I mostly applied fine (see
below). The conflicts were just Makefile and expected output files,
which I tried to do the obvious thing with. I had to add a #include
"access/tupdesc.h" to plannodes.h to make something compile (because
it uses TupleDesc). Passes check-world here.

$ gpatch --merge -p1 < ~/pipeline-functionscan-v4.patch
patching file src/backend/access/common/tupdesc.c
patching file src/backend/commands/explain.c
patching file src/backend/executor/Makefile
Hunk #1 NOT MERGED at 19-29.
patching file src/backend/executor/execAmi.c
patching file src/backend/executor/execProcnode.c
patching file src/backend/executor/execSRF.c
patching file src/backend/executor/nodeFunctionscan.c
Hunk #1 merged at 4-20.
patching file src/backend/executor/nodeMaterial.c
patching file src/backend/executor/nodeNestloop.c
patching file src/backend/executor/nodeProjectSet.c
patching file src/backend/executor/nodeSRFScan.c
patching file src/include/access/tupdesc.h
patching file src/include/executor/executor.h
patching file src/include/executor/nodeFunctionscan.h
patching file src/include/executor/nodeMaterial.h
patching file src/include/executor/nodeSRFScan.h
patching file src/include/nodes/execnodes.h
patching file src/include/nodes/nodes.h
patching file src/include/nodes/plannodes.h
patching file src/test/regress/expected/aggregates.out
patching file src/test/regress/expected/groupingsets.out
patching file src/test/regress/expected/inherit.out
patching file src/test/regress/expected/join.out
Hunk #1 NOT MERGED at 3078-3087.
Hunk #3 NOT MERGED at 3111-3120, merged at 3127.
patching file src/test/regress/expected/misc_functions.out
patching file src/test/regress/expected/pg_lsn.out
patching file src/test/regress/expected/plpgsql.out
patching file src/test/regress/expected/rangefuncs.out
patching file src/test/regress/expected/union.out
patching file src/test/regress/sql/plpgsql.sql
patching file src/test/regress/sql/rangefuncs.sql

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-pipeline-functionscan-v5.patch application/octet-stream 88.7 KB