Re: Parallel scan with SubTransGetTopmostTransaction assert coredump

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pavel Borisov <pashkin(dot)elfe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Maxim Orlov <m(dot)orlov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Pengchengliu <pengchengliu(at)tju(dot)edu(dot)cn>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Parallel scan with SubTransGetTopmostTransaction assert coredump
Date: 2021-08-25 13:39:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 5:36 AM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> I've attached an updated patch, hopefully more along the lines that
> you were thinking of.

LGTM. Committed and back-patched to v10 and up. In theory the same bug
exists in 9.6, but you'd have to have third-party code using the
parallel context infrastructure in order to hit it. If the patch
back-patched cleanly I would have done so just in case, but
shm_toc_lookup lacks a bool noError option in that version.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com