DISCARD TEMP results in "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0"

From: Manuel Rigger <rigger(dot)manuel(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: DISCARD TEMP results in "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0"
Date: 2019-07-04 12:59:37
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi everyone,

the test case below fails with "ERROR: cache lookup failed for type
0", which is unexpected.

CREATE TEMP TABLE t0(c0 INT GENERATED ALWAYS AS IDENTITY) PARTITION BY
HASH((t0.c0));
VACUUM FULL;
DISCARD TEMP; -- unexpected: ERROR: cache lookup failed for type 0

The error only occurs for TEMP tables. I can reproduce it when
partitioning by HASH, RANGE, or LIST. It occurs with GENERATED BY
DEFAULT and also with GENERATED BY ALWAYS.

I found this bug on Ubuntu 11.4-1.pgdg19.04+1.

Best,
Manuel