PostgreSQL 11 global index

From: Mariel Cherkassky <mariel(dot)cherkassky(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 11 global index
Date: 2018-08-05 08:58:37
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I read the documentation but i didnt find any word regarding global index.
I saw a new feature that indexes that exist on the parent automaticly
created on the childs but is there any connection between the indexes ?

I'm trying to make sure that 2 different partitions wont have the same data
on some of the columns and the partition col isnt one of those column. In
oracle that kind of index is called global index.

Do you now some third extension maybe that allow you to use such feature ?

Thanks , Mariel.