Log operating system user connecting via unix socket

From: José Arthur Benetasso Villanova <jose(dot)arthur(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Log operating system user connecting via unix socket
Date: 2016-01-17 13:57:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings, gentlemen.

Here in my work, we have about 100 PostgreSQL machines and about 20 users
with superuser privileges.

This group of 20 people change constantly, so it's cumbersome create a role
for each. Instead, we map all of then in pg_ident.conf.

The problem is: with current postgres log, I just know that a postgres user
connect, but I don't know which one is in case that more than one user is
logged in the server.

This simple log line can create the relations needed for an audit.

Feel free to comment and criticize.

--
José Arthur Benetasso Villanova

Attachment Content-Type Size
log-os-user.patch text/x-patch 474 bytes