Re: range_agg

From: Paul A Jungwirth <pj(at)illuminatedcomputing(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Subject: Re: range_agg
Date: 2020-04-11 03:44:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 4:10 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> Sorry I didn't reply earlier, but I didn't know the answer then and I
> still don't know the answer now.

Okay, thanks Alvaro! I'll see if I can figure it out myself. I assume
it is actually possible, right? I've seen references to on-disk format
vs in-memory format before, but I've never encountered anything in the
code supporting a difference.

> Anyway, I rebased this to verify that the code hasn't broken, and it
> hasn't -- the tests still pass. There was a minor conflict in
> pg_operator.dat which I fixed.

Thanks, and thanks for your v17 also. Here is a patch building on that
and adding support for anycompatiblemultirange.

Regards,
Paul

Attachment Content-Type Size
v18-multirange.patch application/octet-stream 364.2 KB