Json(b) extension

From: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Json(b) extension
Date: 2014-04-24 10:46:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

As you know, PostgreSQL introduced Json(b) support at the 9.4 version [1],
and hstore v2.0 saved in separate repository [2]. But although PostgreSQL
has this support at the core level, there are many useful functions, which
wasn't ported to Json(b) from hstore v2.0 and json. Here [3], I've made a
review of the missing Json(b) functions, which can be implemented. This
list can be updated in the future, of course. I want to implement the
missing functions in the form of extension (e.g. contrib/jsonx).

What do you think about this?

[1]: http://obartunov.livejournal.com/177247.html
[2]: http://www.sigaev.ru/git/gitweb.cgi?p=hstore.git;a=summary
[3]: