Re: json(b)_to_tsvector with numeric values

From: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Oleg Bartunov <obartunov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: json(b)_to_tsvector with numeric values
Date: 2018-04-06 15:51:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 6 April 2018 at 16:25, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru> wrote:
> 1) I don't like jsonb_all_to_tsvector too.. What if we will accept new
> variant to index? Let me suggest:
>
> tsvector jsonb_to_tsvector([regclass,] jsonb, text[])
>
> where text[] arg is actually a flags, array contains any combination of
> literals 'numeric', 'string', 'boolean' (and even 'key' to index keys_ to
> point which types should be indexed. More than it, may be, it should a jsonb
> type for possible improvements in future. For now, it shouldbe a jsonb array
> type with string elements described above, example:
>
> select jsonb_to_tsvector('{"a": "aaa in bbb ddd ccc", "b":123}',
> '["numeric", "boolean"]');
>

> Form jsonb_to_tsvector('...', '["string"]) is effectively the same as
> current to_tsvector(jsonb)

Thank you for the suggestion, this sounds appealing. But I have two questions:

* why it should be a jsonb array, not a regular array?

* it would introduce the idea of jsonb element type expressed in text format,
so "string", "numeric", "boolean" etc - are there any consequences of that?
As far as I understand so far there was only jsonb_typeof.

> 2) Now it fails, and I see something strange in resuling tsvector

Oh, sorry, stupid copy-paste mistake in the condition. Just for the records,
I've attached fixed version of the previous patch (without any changes about an
array instead of a boolean flag).

Attachment Content-Type Size
jsonb_to_tsvector_numeric_v4.patch text/x-patch 19.2 KB