Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD

From: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Subject: Re: Segfault when restoring -Fd dump on current HEAD
Date: 2019-02-26 08:13:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 6:38 AM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz> wrote:
>
> Works for me. With a quick read of the code, it seems to me that it
> is possible to keep compatibility while keeping the simplifications
> around ArchiveEntry()'s refactoring.

Yes, it should be rather simple, we can e.g. return to the old less consistent
NULL handling approach something (like in the attached patch), or replace a NULL
value with an empty string in WriteToc. Give me a moment, I'll check it out. At
the same time I would suggest to keep replace_line_endings -> sanitize_line,
since it doesn't break compatibility.

Attachment Content-Type Size
archive_entry_null_handling.patch application/octet-stream 1.6 KB