Re: Proposal for Signal Detection Refactoring

From: Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Proposal for Signal Detection Refactoring
Date: 2018-11-29 19:47:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 7:10 PM Chris Travers <chris(dot)travers(at)adjust(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> More generally, I'd like this material to be code comments. It's the
>> kind of stuff that gets outdated before long if it's kept separate.
>
> The problem is that code comments are not going to be good places to document "how do I check for pending actions?" That could be moved to the main SGML I guess.....

I aggree with Peter here, for me it also feels more natural to have this
information as code commentaries - at least if I would search for it that would
be my first thought. As for "how do I..." part, I think there are alreasy
similar commentaries in the code, which makes sense - this kind of questions
usually appear when you're reading/writing some code.

It doesn't look like there is much left to do in this discussion, but for now
I'll move it to the next CF.