Remote connection issue

From: Nomeneta Saili <nome(dot)saili(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Remote connection issue
Date: 2012-02-07 21:34:10
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi list,

I am having remote connection issue to my postgres/postgis database. When i
try to connect it gives me this error

"Server doesn't listen
The server doesn't accept connections: the connection library reports
could not connect to server: Connection timed out (0x0000274C/10060) Is the
server running on host "10.10.1.6" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port
5432?

The port 5432 is opened on my server firewall form both inbound and
outbound (Windows Server 2008)

The postgres server is running on my server and i am able to access my
tables locally.

There is no network connection issue and i tried ping and it
was successful.

Password and other account details correct.

The postgresql.config file is already set to listen to all ip in "
listen_addesses * "

My client PC ip address in particular is also included in the pg_hba.confg
file with these parameters "host all all 10.10.1.203/32
trust"

I turned off my Kaspersy anti-virus just to check it it might be it
blocking the connection.

I already rebooted my server and client PC.

I already tested connection on another client PC closer to the server
running my postgres server.

None work.

Connection was working in the morning and then it wasn't in the afternoon.
There were no hardware or software update.

Does anyone have any other ideas where else i can look?.

Any advice is much appreciated

Thanks

Nome