Re: using server side cursor

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it>
Cc: psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using server side cursor
Date: 2011-10-14 22:46:59
Lists: psycopg

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Federico Di Gregorio <fog(at)dndg(dot)it> wrote:
> On 14/10/11 16:24, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
>> We can add a new parameter (existing=True?) to cursor(); to be used only
> Mm.. ignore this...

I would rejoice for having found a feature without the need of writing
code and devise an interface for it :)

I've added a note about it in
<http://initd.org/psycopg/docs/usage.html#server-side-cursors> and a
test to ensure to keep it: I see no reason for which we would require
to break the "name stealing" in the future: it's just a matter of
_not_ performing a check that execute() has run on the cursor.

I've also fixed the problem of the Decimal adaptation in wsgi as
discussed in the tracker (ticket #52). With this I think we can really
release this 2.4.3: we have gathered another good collection of bug
fixes.

-- Daniele