Re: A test for replay of regression tests

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Anastasia Lubennikova <lubennikovaav(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: A test for replay of regression tests
Date: 2022-01-14 13:32:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 12:39 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2021 at 11:41 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > Rebased and updated based on feedback. Responses to multiple emails below:
>
> Pushed, but the build farm doesn't like it with a couple of different
> ways of failing. I'll collect some results and revert shortly.

Problems:

1. The way I invoke pg_regress doesn't seem to work correctly under
the build farm client (though it works fine under make), not sure why
yet, but reproduced here and will figure it out tomorrow.
2. The new test in src/test/modules/t/002_tablespace.pl apparently has
some path-related problem on Windows that I didn't know about, because
CI isn't even running the TAP tests under src/test/module/test_misc
(and various other locations), but the BF is :-/ And I was happy
because modulescheck was passing...

I reverted the two commits responsible for those failures to keep the
build farm green, and I'll try to fix them tomorrow.