Re: Commitfest 2019-07, the first of five* for PostgreSQL 13

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "Magnus Hagander (magnus(at)hagander(dot)net)" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commitfest 2019-07, the first of five* for PostgreSQL 13
Date: 2019-07-08 11:56:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Jul 2, 2019 at 12:20 AM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> It's now July everywhere on Earth, so I marked CF 2019-07 as
> in-progress, and 2019-09 as open for bumping patches into. I pinged
> most of the "Needs Review" threads that don't apply and will do a few
> more tomorrow, and then I'll try to chase patches that fail on CI, and
> then see what I can do to highlight some entries that really need
> review/discussion. I'll do end-of-week status reports.

Hello hackers,

Here's a quick status report after the first week (I think only about
10 commits happened during the week, the rest were pre-CF activity):

status | count
------------------------+-------
Committed | 32
Moved to next CF | 5
Needs review | 146
Ready for Committer | 7
Rejected | 2
Returned with feedback | 2
Waiting on Author | 29
Withdrawn | 8

I wondered about reporting on the number of entries that didn't yet
have reviewers signed up, but then I noticed that there isn't a very
good correlation between signed up reviewers and reviews. So instead,
here is a list of twenty "Needs review" entries that have gone a long
time without communication on the thread. In some cases there has
been plenty of review, so it's time to make decisions. In others,
there has been none at all.

If you're having trouble choosing something to review, please pick one
of these and help us figure out how to proceed.

2026 | Spurious "apparent wraparound" via Simpl | {"Noah Misch"}
2003 | Fix Deadlock Issue in Single User Mode W | {"Chengchao Yu"}
1796 | documenting signal handling with readme | {"Chris Travers"}
2053 | NOTIFY options + COLLAPSE (make deduplic | {"Filip Rembiałkowski"}
1974 | pg_stat_statements should notice FOR UPD | {"Andrew Gierth"}
2061 | [WIP] Show a human-readable n_distinct i | {"Maxence Ahlouche"}
2077 | fix pgbench -R hanging on pg11 | {"Fabien Coelho"}
2062 | Unaccent extension python script Issue i | {"Hugh
Ranalli","Ramanarayana M"}
1769 | libpq host/hostaddr consistency | {"Fabien Coelho"}
2060 | suppress errors thrown by to_reg*() | {"takuma hoshiai"}
2078 | Compile from source using latest Microso | {"Peifeng Qiu"}
2081 | parse time support function | {"Pavel Stehule"}
1800 | amcheck verification for GiST | {"Andrey Borodin"}
2018 | pg_basebackup to adjust existing data di | {"Haribabu Kommi"}
2095 | pg_upgrade version and path checking | {"Daniel Gustafsson"}
2044 | propagating replica identity to partitio | {"Álvaro Herrera"}
2090 | pgbench - implement strict TPC-B benchma | {"Fabien Coelho"}
2088 | Contribution to Perldoc for TestLib modu | {"Ramanarayana M"}
2087 | Problem during Windows service start | {"Ramanarayana M"}
2093 | Trigger autovacuum on tuple insertion | {"Darafei Praliaskouski"}

If you have submitted a patch and it's in "Waiting for author" state,
please aim to get it to "Needs review" state soon if you can, as
that's where people are most likely to be looking for things to
review.

I have pinged most threads that are in "Needs review" state and don't
apply, compile warning-free, or pass check-world. I'll do some more
of that sort of thing, and I'll highlight a different set of patches
next week.

--
Thomas Munro
https://enterprisedb.com