Re: Remove HeapTuple and Buffer dependency for predicate locking functions

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Subject: Re: Remove HeapTuple and Buffer dependency for predicate locking functions
Date: 2019-11-11 04:20:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 8:41 AM Ashwin Agrawal <aagrawal(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 8:44 PM Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> I'm planning to commit these three patches on Monday. I've attached
>> versions with whitespace-only changes from pgindent, and commit
>> messages lightly massaged and updated to point to this discussion and
>> reviewers.
>
> Thanks a lot, sounds good.

Hi Ashwin,

I pushed the first two, but on another read-through of the main patch
I didn't like the comments for CheckForSerializableConflictOut() or
the fact that it checks SerializationNeededForRead() again, after I
thought a bit about what the contract for this API is now. Here's a
version with small fixup that I'd like to squash into the patch.
Please let me know what you think, or if you see how to improve it
further.

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-Remove-dependency-on-HeapTuple-from-predicate-loc.patch application/octet-stream 26.0 KB
v4-0002-fixup.patch application/octet-stream 2.1 KB