Re: buildfarm instance bichir stuck

From: Thomas Munro <thomas(dot)munro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: buildfarm instance bichir stuck
Date: 2021-04-09 06:11:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:31 PM Robins Tharakan <tharakan(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Correct. This is easily reproducible on this test-instance, so let me know if you want me to test a patch.

From your description it sounds like signals are not arriving at all,
rather than some more complicated race. Let's go back to basics...
what does the attached program print for you? I see:

tmunro(at)x1:~/junk$ cc test-signalfd.c
tmunro(at)x1:~/junk$ ./a.out
blocking SIGURG...
creating a signalfd to receive SIGURG...
creating an epoll set...
adding signalfd to epoll set...
polling the epoll set... 0
sending a signal...